How did I get here?
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre from Davidson College and a Master of Arts Management degree from Carnegie Mellon's Heinz School of Public Policy. I chose my master's program because of its broad scope and applicability of skills across the nonprofit and public sectors, and that's served me well. After several years working as a general manager for professional theatres, life took me to Washington, D.C., where the perfect theatre job was elusive. Fortunately, when I broadened my search, I was hired at an amazing association, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, as their first ever manager of operations. GEO walks the talk about nonprofit best practice, and I saw how a properly run and properly resourced nonprofit could thrive. GEO and I grew and built something special over the next few years until life pulled me away from DC and into consulting.
I now live in beautiful Chattanooga, TN, and work remotely with clients around the world. I am passionate about helping nonprofits perform, and would love to hear about where you and your organization are headed. Whether you are across town or across the globe, let's have a chat!
- Financial management and systems creation, including Quickbooks and Peachtree;
- HR, including hiring, on-boarding, policies and internships programs;
- Evaluation and learning, including evaluation creation and analysis, logic models, and staff training;
- IT, including strategy setting, database management and decision-making, and cloud-based services; and
- Contracting, including performing arts unions.